Mindfulness meditation, practiced regularly, can literally transform you (yes, we're using that correctly). Scientists have found that mindfulness (the result of meditation) actually changes the shape of our brains.
But more importantly, it changes your experience of life for the better. It helps us feel more energetic, yet peaceful. And we're better able to deal with problems and get along with others.
Regular mindfulness training is widely recommended for treating:
- Addictions / cravings
- Lack of concentration
- Weakened immune systems
- Cardiovascular health
- Physical illness (e.g., chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, and psoriasis, a stress-related skin disorder)
Mindfulness, resilience, and attention training also helps you:
- Switch off after work
- Feel less anxious, sad or angry
- Sleep better
- Improve self-control / control cravings
- Focus at work, sports, and other activities
- Maintain a healthy weight